Tax Deductibility of Your Donations
Capital Area Healthy Start Coalition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations to Healthy Start are usually tax-deductible. However, since the tax laws are constantly changing, we suggest you check with your accountant concerning the actual tax deductibility of your donation.
Capital Area Healthy Start Coalition has many uses for donations and strategically decides how each and every dollar is used.
Your donations help provide much needed education and support to local pregnant women and children (birth to three years old), which helps us fight infant mortality. From breastfeeding education & support to childbirth classes, we offer services like these (and more) free of charge to Healthy Start participants. When you donate, families can also receive basic items to care for their babies. A donation of:
- $25 can buy about 4 infant sleep sacks,
- $150 can purchase 3 portable cribs,
- $350 can purchase multiple boxes of diapers, and
- $500 can purchase six (6) car seats.
Be an Angel
- Donors who contribute $1,000 or more will join our Wall of Angels, where each donor is honored with a plaque attached to a framed quilted Angel Square. Each Angel Square is presented to its donor in a special ceremony and added to the wall where everyone who visits Healthy Start can see it as they enter our building.
Methods of Donating
- You may donate by filling out this secure form or you may send a check to us at 1311 N. Paul Russell Rd., Suite A-101 in Tallahassee, FL 32301.