During pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding, a person goes through many physical and emotional changes. Even the same person may experience different changes for each of their pregnancies!
However, women experiencing maternal mental health conditions might say…
- Having a baby was a mistake.
- I’m not bonding with my baby.
- I’m afraid to be alone with my baby.
- I’m exhausted, but I can’t sleep, even when my baby sleeps.
- I’m such a bad mother; my baby would be better off without me.
For more information on the signs of depression during pregnancy and ways to get help, please visit, https://www.marchofdimes.org/complications/depression-during-pregnancy.aspx